You can shovel for your own gains AND for Somerville.
- Make sure you're up to the health challenge (check with your doctor) and take it easy.
- Stretch before and after.
- Clear out 42 inches (or all the space if you have a narrow spot)
- Get the corners clear (and keep them clear) if you're the lucky home at the end of the block
- Sand, sand, and sand (the BEST safety help for your neighbors--way better than salt)
- Clear and sand driveways--keep the sand going each day
We've got shoveling ideas for you at: www.somervillema.gov/snow-emergency-procedures/important-shoveling-information